Sunday, July 6, 2008

You sir, are BANNED!

So today, a Sunday, I woke up early for two good reasons. One being that I was meeting a guy to buy a PLAYSTATION®3 and then head for La Ronde (an amusement parc). How early did I wake up? I woke up at 7:20 AM to meet this guy at Lionel-Groulx metro. Very early for a Sunday.

So I get at the metro station wait there until 9:45 when the meeting time was at 9:00 and the guy never showed up. That was just the beginning of my bad luck for the day. Another thing related to this since it's about money, is that a large chunk of money is frozen in my account and I couldn't take out much money. So I had to take out the money from my credit card. And what happened when the guy didn't show up? I went and deposited the money back into the account. And what happened then? The money was frozen as well. Again more bad luck in the morning.

After this little annoyance in the morning, I went to La Ronde and waited for my friend at the entrance. He got there late because his bus was late and had to walk to the metro (again, more bad luck). He calls me up when he gets there and it took me almost 2 minutes to find him because he was not in the line to buy tickets, he was already waiting in line to go in. It turns out that he had bought tickets online and that made them a lot cheaper. So I went with that because I'm a cheap bastard at times. When we were finally able to get to the front of the line, our tickets didn't pass. I initially thought that it was because the paper it was printed on was blurry, but that wasn't the case. We waited for almost 15 minutes for them to tell us to head to security.

Once we were in the security room, we were told that we were being held for fraud. The guy didn't explain anything to us at the beginning. My friend and I were being interrogated for about 40 minutes time. I wasn't answering many questions because I actually didn't know anything. My friend was the one answering almost all the questions and he was stressed, very stressed. One thing that he did that I wouldn't have done was question the security personnel. The guy asked for a description and names of the people he bought the tickets from and my friend was not cooperating well.

15 minutes after this (almost an hour after we got in the room), the guy made us sign some papers and told us that we were to receive a fine ranging from 0-500$ and that we may get criminal records for fraud. Furthermore, we got banned from the parc for the rest of the season or until the investigation came to a close and they find out we're innocent. And then we were escorted off the premises.

That was the best stay I ever had at La Ronde.

After this event, we went to the Old Port, ate some food, and watched a movie.

When the movie was over, I got a call from the PLAYSTATION®3 seller and I met him at the metro station we had initially talked about and I bought myself a nice new system.

That was my Sunday... and this is how I got banned.

No comments: