Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Two of the Big Four... no wait, soon to be Three!

So I've made it one of my life goals to see all four of the Big Four of Thrash Metal. Well some of you might not know who these bands are, so I'll name them for you. We have Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, and Megadeth. These four bands are the ones responsible for making the Thrash Metal genre. With their fast guitar playing and fast drumming, it's a head bangers heavenly music.

Up until now, I've been graced with seeing two of these magnificent bands. Slayer and Megadeth. Although Metallica did come to Montreal a couple of years ago, I didn't go see them because I wasn't a concert junky back then. However, once I started going to concerts and started listening to Thrash, I couldn't forgive myself for not going to the concert. This being said, I didn't miss my chances to see Megadeth and Slayer when they came to Montreal.

This coming June, I will be yet again blessed with seeing one more of the Big Four, Anthrax. If I'm not mistaken, they hadn't toured in a while, so I'm very lucky that these guys are coming to the new festival that will be held in Montreal called Heavy MTL. This festival is dedicated to Metal. It will host many great bands like Iron Maide, 3 Inches Of Blood, and many, many more!

So, I hope to see many of you during this great weekend of June.

Metal is forever! \m/

No comments: